Benefits of Participation
CALNOC participants enjoy a variety of benefits:
- CALNOC meets CMS requirement for participation in a nurse-sensitive registry.
- CALNOC indicators assist hospitals in meeting JCAHO standards.
- CALNOC reports allow hospitals to benchmark performance against multiple groups such as all CALNOC hospitals, state-specific reports, corporate system reports, magnet hospitals, and more.
- CALNOC is a “Specialized Registry” for meaningful use incentives that can accept data from Certified Electronic Health Records (EHR).
- CALNOC reports are available at the unit, unit type, and facility level and meet ANCC requirements for Magnet application.
- CALNOC hospitals participate in developing statewide and national nursing quality indicators.
- CALNOC structure and process indicators allow hospitals to advance staffing effectiveness and patient safety efforts within their own facility. CALNOC hospitals participate in research projects to better understand practice and to implement findings.
- CALNOC provides staff nurse growth and development opportunities.
- All CALNOC benefits are provided for a nominal participation fee.