Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Nursing Research has an opening for a CALNOC, Data Analyst
Full Time Exempt Position
Who We Are
CALNOC (Collaborative Alliance for Nursing Outcomes), is a 501 (c)(3) public benefit corporation which has been in the forefront of providing valuable information and research on nurse sensitive indicators for the past 20 years to its hospitals. Our members have consistently been able to translate their benchmarking data into information to guide decisions for providing and improving patient care. CALNOC’s unique database registry combines staffing variables overlaid with nurse sensitive patient variables at the unit level to allow hospitals and systems to benchmark internally and externally against over 300 other institutions. Using the CALNOC benchmarks, staffing and other costs are lowered while quality and access to care through evidence-based practices increases.
The Position – Data Analyst
Under general supervision of the Research Scientist and CALNOC Data Manager, this position will for work with the CALNOC Data Control Coordinator to assess, clean, and upload data using CALNOC’s quality control systems. This position will also perform analytic tasks and produce reports as assigned.
The position includes frequent interactions via telephone and email with representatives of CALNOC’s over 230 hospitals to determine data accuracy, instruct on data entry procedures, and solve problems that arise.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- At least two years of prior work in an acute care hospital or other health care delivery setting preferred.
- Bachelor's degree with coursework in information technology.
- Excellent computer competency required, including working knowledge of spreadsheets, relational databases, presentation development, word processing, e-mail, and browser, online reporting and analytic query and reporting tools.
- Knowledge of SQL Server 2000 and Congos ReportNet desirable.
- Knowledge of Windows and Excel and ability to learn additional software designed for CALNOC.
- Knowledge of CALNOC protocols, the ability to perform ongoing routine data management tasks with precision, work in teams, independently, and follow directions, manage completion of multiple tasks within specified time-frames.
For immediate consideration apply to www.csmc.edu and submit to position #25008.
Thanks for spreading the word
Harriet Udin Aronow, PhD
Research Scientist IV
Department of Nursing Research
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
8700 Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Office: (310) 423-2554
Cell: (323) 236-7800
Fax: (310) 423-6179
P Save Paper - Do you really need to print this e-mail?
Principals only, solicitations by employment agencies ARE NOT REQUESTED. Do Not Call the Office about the position. Thank you.